The world is changing rapidly these days with consumers being more health-conscious than ever. Add one of these top Japanese green tea for weight loss in your diet and I promise you, you’ll see positive results pretty soon!
Green tea is low in calories and contains a metabolism-boosting anti-oxidant, which helps to break down fat. You could drink about two to three cups of green tea a day for all the benefits.
To help your weight loss journey, we have found some of the best Japanese green tea for weight loss that you can drink and stay fit. Here are the reviews of the best green tea brands for weight loss you can try in 2020! Check it out.
- Best Japanese Green Tea For Weight Loss Compared
- Best Japanese Green Tea for Weight Loss Reviewed
- #1 — Maeda Sencha Green Tea – Best Sencha Green Tea Weight Loss
- #2 — Kirkland Ito En Matcha Blend Japanese Green Tea – Japanese Green Tea That Tastes Amazing!
- #3 — Tealyra Gyokuru Shizuoka Premium Green Tea
- #4 — Sencha Loose Leaf Green Tea mixed with Matcha Powder
- #5 — Choice Organic Green Tea – Top Japanese Green Tea For Weight Loss And Bloating
- #6 — Matcha Green Tea Powder – Top Japanese Green Tea For Weight Loss
- #7 — Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder – Best matcha Green Tea For Weight Loss
- #8 — The Republic of Tea Lean Green Supergreen Tea – Best Green Tea Brand For Weight Loss
- #9 — Jade Leaf Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder
- #10 — Harney & Sons Japanese Sencha Green Tea
- #11 — Chaganju Sencha Green Tea Leaves
- #12 — Itoen Ryokucha Matcha Premium Blend Green Tea Matcha
- #13 – SA Sencha Japanese Green Tea
Best Japanese Green Tea For Weight Loss Compared
- Maeda Sencha Green Tea
- Kirkland Ito En Matcha Blend Japanese Green Tea
- Tealyra Gyokuru Shizuoka Premium Green Tea
- Sencha Loose Leaf Green Tea mixed with Matcha Powder
- Choice Organic Green Tea
- Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder
- The Republic of Tea Lean Green Supergreen Tea
- Jade Leaf Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Harney & Sons Japanese Sencha Green Tea
|Top Japanese Green Tea For Weight Loss||Qty||Ingredients|
|Maeda Sencha Green Tea bags – $16.79||100 Tea Bags||Catechin, Caffeine, Sencha|
|Kirkland Ito En Matcha Blend Japanese Green Tea bags – $22.98||100 Tea Bags||Sencha + Matcha|
|Tealyra Gyokuru Shizuoka Premium Green Tea leaves – $31.50||3.5 Oz||Tea leaves|
|Sencha Loose Leaf Green Tea with Matcha Powder – $17.99||2.5 Oz||Sencha, Matcha tea powder|
|Choice Organic Green Tea bags – $25.74||16 Tea Bags||Tender tea leaves|
|Matcha Green Tea Powder – $23.99||2.7 Oz||Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder|
|Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder – $14.99||4 Oz||Matcha Green Tea Powder|
|The Republic Of Tea Lean Green Supergreen Tea bags – $13.75||36 Tea Bags||Matcha Green Tea PowderGreen TeaGarcinia CambogiaCinnamon|
|Jade Leaf Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder – $9.95||1.06 Oz||Super-concentrated matcha green tea powder|
|Harney & Sons Japanese Sencha Green Tea bags – $8.99||50 Tea Bags||Sencha|
|Chaganju Sencha Green Tea Leaves – $14.00||2.8 Oz||Sencha|
|Itoen Ryokucha Matcha Premium Blend Green Tea Matcha tea bags – $16.49||50 Bags||Matcha Green Tea Blend|
|SA Sencha Japanese Green Tea leaves – $11.08||3.5 Oz||Sencha|
Best Japanese Green Tea for Weight Loss Reviewed
#1 — Maeda Sencha Green Tea – Best Sencha Green Tea Weight Loss
This amazing green tea contains catechin, which is considered to be 20 times stronger than Vitamin E. It is also ten times more potent than Vitamin C. This is why it’s one of the top green tea for weight loss currently in the market.
This is a regular, old-fashioned but one of the best green tea bags for weight loss and the pack contains 100 bags, which is sure to last you a long time.
Sencha is an authentic Japanese green tea that is delicious. This tea will reignite your love and passion for green tea and you will find yourself ordering more of it.
It also has a long shelf-life, which means you can store it for a long time. This is probably one of the best Japanese Green teas available in the market for weight loss.
- Contains 100 tea bags
- Long shelf-life
- Contains catechin that is 20 times stronger than Vitamin E
- Ten times more potent than Vitamin C
#2 — Kirkland Ito En Matcha Blend Japanese Green Tea – Japanese Green Tea That Tastes Amazing!
These signature tea bags are made out of Sencha green tea from the lush green plantations of Japan. It’s definitely one of the top Japanese green tea for weight loss you can try.
Kirkland Green Tea is made using the traditional Japanese method – it is first steamed and then rolled and dried. This process preserves the freshness, aroma, and color of the tea leaves. This is not only of the best green tea brands for weight loss but also tastes amazing!
- Blend of Sencha and Matcha
- Made using the traditional Japanese method
#3 — Tealyra Gyokuru Shizuoka Premium Green Tea
This top Japanese green tea for weight loss comes from a famous part of Japan and is processed in a very special way. The tea leaves are kept in the shade for two to three weeks before harvesting.
This process of keeping the tea leaves under shade is very important to increase the chlorophyll content of the tea leaves. This process also increases the glutamic acid content in the leaves. It is the increase in chlorophyll that gives this tea its deep green color.
The taste of this tea is very mild and sweet. This is a handmade premium green tea that is organically grown and processed.
- Deep green color because of the increased chlorophyll content
- Very mild and sweet taste
- Organically grown
#4 — Sencha Loose Leaf Green Tea mixed with Matcha Powder
This is a healthy blend of Japanese Green tea and Matcha Powder. It is an excellent source of antioxidants that will help boost your metabolism and promote weight loss. It’s one of the top Japanese green tea for weight loss and very popular in the market.
This blend of tea also has vitamins and nutrients that are good for you. Drinking this top Japanese green tea for weight loss helps reduce your stress, improve focus, and increase mental clarity and performance.
It is an enjoyable drink that you will love drinking every day. Drink this tea every morning to aid weight loss and boost your metabolism.
- Blend of Sencha and Matcha
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- Boosts your metabolism and promotes weight loss
- Contains vitamins and nutrients
- Helps in reducing stress and improves focus
- Helps increase mental clarity and performance
#5 — Choice Organic Green Tea – Top Japanese Green Tea For Weight Loss And Bloating
This organic premium Japanese green tea has a flavor that is sweet and grassy and has a savory sea vegetable aroma. With this tea, you can feel a sense of calmness taking over you; it also promotes relaxation.
This premium organic Japanese Green Tea is one of the best in the market as it is made using the first tender leaves. Once the leaves are plucked, they are steamed so as to maintain their delicate and fresh taste.
Steaming the leaves also gives them a vibrant green color and a healthy amount of polyphenols.
- Organic premium Japanese green tea
- Sweet and grassy flavor
- Savory sea vegetable aroma
- Helps in relaxation
- Made using the first tender leaves
#6 — Matcha Green Tea Powder – Top Japanese Green Tea For Weight Loss
This is the highest grade matcha powder that is available in the market and top Japanese green tea for weight loss. This tea has a subtle and delicate flavor that is loved by everyone.
This Matcha powder green tea is made from the most tender leaves of the plant. You can make this tea in hot water. Once made, it creates a thick, flavorful beverage that is extremely delicious. This tea helps increase your attention and energy, much like coffee. This tea provides constant energy throughout the day, but without the caffeine crash and jitters.
Drinking this tea also increases your metabolism and helps you to burn your calories. There are different ways in which you can use this Matcha Green Tea Powder. Get creative and make smoothies and lattes out of it.
- Higher grade Matcha powder
- Subtle and delicate flavor
- Made from tender leaves
- Helps increase attention and energy
- Increases metabolism
#7 — Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder – Best matcha Green Tea For Weight Loss
This tea powder is made by grounding the tea leaves into powder. The benefit of this tea is that it has 130 times more antioxidants than drinking brewed green tea. This is why this brand of green tea is one of the top Japanese green tea for weight loss.
The matcha green tea powder is made solely using the leaves, without the stems and veins. Since this tea comes in a powder form, you are not just limited to drinking this as a tea; there are so many different ways in which you can use this tea.
Make yourself a delicious latte or smoothie; you can also bake yummy cupcakes using this Matcha Green Tea Powder. It is 100% organic, vegan and gluten-free.
- Made by grounding the tea leaves into powder
- 130x antioxidants than brewed green tea
- Made using only the leaves
- There are different to consume it
- 100% organic, vegan and gluten-free
#8 — The Republic of Tea Lean Green Supergreen Tea – Best Green Tea Brand For Weight Loss
This top Japanese green tea for weight loss is a great option if you are looking to losing weight in a healthy way. This tea comes in tea bags and is prepared by steaming them in hot water.
This tea is a combination of organic green tea leaves and organic matcha powder. This tea also has Garcinia Cambogia and Cinnamon, which are both known for its health benefits.
The citrus fruit of Garcinia Cambogia inhibits the production of fat. Cinnamon helps increase blood sugar, lean mass, and also helps you feel full.
All of these benefits of this tea help increase the metabolism and make you shed those extra pounds in a healthy way.
- Combination of Matcha and green tea
- Contains Garcinia Cambogia and cinnamon
- Garcinia Cambogia content helps inhibit the production of fat
- Cinnamon content helps increase blood sugar and lean mass
#9 — Jade Leaf Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder
This green tea is all-natural and is gluten-free. This green tea powder is of high quality and priced affordably. It’s packed with nutrients and antioxidants. It’s super concentrated so it’s best to mix it with smoothies or lattes or even with your food. It increases your metabolism rate and is a healthy superfood just by itself!
- Super concentrated green tea powder
- Rich in nutrients and antioxidants
- To be mixed with lattes, smoothies, baked goods, or food
- Increases metabolism
#10 — Harney & Sons Japanese Sencha Green Tea
This Japanese green tea by Harney & Sons is one of the best Japanese green tea for weight loss. It has a nice flavor and is authentic. The color is vibrant green and fresh. One pack has 50 tea bags. Handpicked during the peak of Spring, this green tea just needs to be steeped for about 1-3 minutes. There are many flavors available other than the sencha flavor. Check it out in the link below.
- 50 tea bags
- Solid Sencha flavor
- Hand-picked during the peak of Spring
- Steep for about 1-3 minutes before consumption
#11 — Chaganju Sencha Green Tea Leaves
Here’s another top Japanese green tea for weight loss. This green tea has JAS certification and is sourced directly from the farmers. Tea appraisers with years of experience select and blend the tea for the final product. This sencha green tea is rich in nutrients like lipids, proteins, and minerals. The catechin content helps to improve your health. The caffeine content makes you feel fresh in the morning while the theanin content also has a calming effect.
- Naturally grown
- Japanese organic JAS certification.
- Directly sourced from farmers
- Affordable price
- 80g bag
#12 — Itoen Ryokucha Matcha Premium Blend Green Tea Matcha
This green tea is also another one of the top Japanese green tea for weight loss. One pack of this green tea has 50 green tea bags and are triangular shaped. The green has a really nice fragrance and tastes fresh!
- 50 green tea bags
- Triangle shaped, nylon green tea bags
- Nice fragrance
- Tastes fresh
#13 – SA Sencha Japanese Green Tea
Here’s another top Japanese green tea for weight loss for you. This is a 100g bag of loose green tea. Make this green tea in traditional deep-steamed green tea in Fukamushi style gives a sweet vegetal aroma and has a lingering umami finish. With a rich and distinctive aroma, it has a smooth, creamy flavor.
- Lose green tea, 100 g
- Sourced from authentic green tea farmlands in Japan.
- Rich and distinctive aroma
- Smooth, creamy flavor
How To Choose The Right Green Tea?
Tips To Choosing Top Japanese Green Tea For Weight Loss
- The tea leaves should be green: Since green tea leaves do not go through the process of fermentation, the chlorophyll is still present in the tea leaves. The green tea leaves will remain green even after you brew them
- Don’t opt for green tea with sugar: Some brands of green tea, especially cold green tea, add sugar to the mixz=. This defeats the whole purpose. Instead, adding a spoonful of honey to your hot tea is a healthier choice.
- Make sure it’s fresh green tea leaves: Green tea shelf life is about 6 months, give or take 2. So make sure that you pick fresh green tea so it lasts you longer.
Health Benefits Of Green Tea
Now that you have found some of the top Japanese green tea for weight loss available in the market, you should also know their health benefits if you are looking to lose your weight using green tea.
Green tea is not just a super drink that helps you lose weight, it has so many other benefits that you really should make drinking this tea a part of your daily routine. Once you know of the health benefits of green tea, I’m sure you are going to drink this every single day.
There are several health benefits of drinking Japanese green tea:
- Japanese green tea decreases blood pressure and lowers cholesterol
- Improves cardiovascular health
- The catechins and antioxidants present in Japanese green tea are known to prevent cancer and to decrease cell damage.
- Japanese green tea helps in the prevention of diabetes
- Drinking green tea also has a calming effect and helps you relax
These are some of the known benefits of drinking good-quality Japanese green tea. Inculcate this tea in your daily routine and reap the numerous benefits.
How To Get The Most Benefits Out Of Top Japanese Green Tea For Weight Loss?
When steeping your green tea, make sure to avoid boiling water as it can damage the naturally occurring antioxidants present in the tea.
Enjoy your steeped tea with a slice of lemon. Doing this not only makes the tea taste better, but it also helps your body absorb all the benefits of catechins.
You must store your green tea in a well-sealed, dark container. Exposure to light and air can make green tea lose its aromatic oils. If you store your green tea well, you will be able to use it for a long time.
These were some of the best Japanese Green tea that you could drink to aid weight loss. I’m sure that you have found your perfect match on this list. These are some of the top Japanese green tea for weight loss available in the market.
Whether you are a newbie to drinking Green Tea, or you are someone who wants to switch to a Japanese brand, we have put together a list that will satisfy all your cravings and needs. This intriguing list will surely inspire you to get onto the healthy lifestyle wagon.
These blends of green tea and matcha powder are amazing are the best green tea for weight loss and skin. Most of the teas that we have put together in this list are organic and vegan, making it a suitable choice for a majority of people.
Best Japanese Green Tea Health Benefits – FAQ’s
#1 — Is Japanese green tea good for weight loss?
Japanese green tea is known for burning fat naturally as it increases your metabolism. High concentrations of catechin polyphenols and other chemicals increase fat oxidation in the body, helping you burn more body fat. Have your favorite Japanese green tea an hour or so before your work-out session for maximum fat oxidation.
#2 — Which green tea is best for weight loss?
The top three Japanese green tea best for losing weight:
- Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder
- The Republic of Tea Lean Green Supergreen Tea
The core ingredient in all is the matcha tea powder. The matcha tea powder has lots of health benefits like:
- Rich in antioxidants
- Very low in calories
- Burns fat
- Boosts metabolism
- Increases your overall energy
- Helps in detoxification
- Lowers cholesterol
- Regulates blood sugar levels
So if you’re looking for a Japanese green tea that will help you lose weight safely and naturally then you should definitely go for either of the three mentioned above or any Japanese green tea with Matcha tea powder as the core ingredient.
#3 — What is the best time to drink green tea for weight loss?
The best times to drink green tea for weight loss is:
- 30-60 minutes before or after meals: About an hour or so before or after your meal. However, if you’re sensitive to caffeine or have a sensitive stomach, it’s recommended that you don’t have green tea on an empty stomach. Having green tea bout 30 minutes after your meal, instead, should also help you lose weight.
- 60-90 minutes before work-out: Having green tea before your work out session will help increase your metabolism and hence help you burn more fat during your workout.
#4 — Can green tea reduce belly fat?
Green can reduce belly fat as Japanese green tea contains catechins that help burn visceral fat like belly fat or abdominal fat. Visceral fat is very stubborn and also harmful to your health. High amounts of visceral fat is associated with various heart diseases and type 2 diabetes. A number of research studies on catechins present in green tea show that it particularly helps burn this harmful visceral fat or belly fat.
#5 — How much weight can you lose by drinking green tea?
Some research suggests that, on average, those who regularly drank green tea lost about 3 pounds over a 12-week period. How much weight you lose by drinking green tea depends can vary from person to person. Lot of it depends on your lifestyle as well. For example, if you have an active lifestyle, you will obviously lose more weight by drinking green tea as it boosts your metabolism.
#6 — How many cups of green tea a day should I drink to lose weight?
Experts say that having 3-4 cups of green tea a day is more than enough to help you lose weight. It’s best to drink green tea through the day. Have a cup in the morning about half an hour before your breakfast. Have your second cup of green tea either 30-60 minutes before or after your lunch. If you work out regularly, make sure you have a cup of green tea about 30 minutes before your work out. And another cup of green tea in the early evenings would be perfect! Avoid having green tea just a few hours before bedtime, especially if you’re sensitive to caffeine.
#7 — How can I lose weight with green tea?
Japanese green tea is known to help you lose weight. The caffeine and catechins present in Japanese green tea boost your metabolism and increase fat oxidation, helping you burn more fat. A recent study on the effects of green tea showed that, on average, anybody who consumed green tea lost about 3 pounds in a 12-week course with their regular diet. Having 3-4 cups of Matcha green tea powder is the best way to lose weight. Have this Japanese green tea 30-60 minutes before or after your meals. And also have it about 30-60 minutes before your workout. It will help you burn more fat as it is known to boost metabolism.
This means that there’s scope to lose even more weight by drinking green tea and making good lifestyle changes like eating healthier food and exercising regularly.
#9 — Does green tea slim your face?
Drinking matcha green tea powder will help you lose weight and also help you slim your face as well. Other than this, green tea has anti-aging properties as green tea is rich in anti-oxidants. And the polyphenols present in the green tea will breakdown and burn excess fat in your body.
#10 — What happens if I drink green tea every day?
Drinking 3-4 cups of green tea every day can prove to be very helpful in losing weight. Unlike coffee, green tea energizes your body in a consistent way so you feel refreshed and energetic throughout the day. Green tea contains catechins that help in fat oxidation and will help you lose weight by increasing your metabolism and burning excess fat. Drinking green tea regularly also reduces the risk of developing several diseases including heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. Very high doses of green tea may have negative effects on your body. So make you don’t have more than 3-5 cups of green tea in a day.
#11 — Can we drink green tea at night?
You can drink green tea in the early evening. You should avoid drinking green tea just before bed as it might disturb your sleep cycle. Green tea contains caffeine, so having it just before bed is not a good idea. The best time to have green tea in the night would be at least 4-5 hours before bedtime.
#12 — Can kids have matcha?
Kids can have matcha but in moderation. Matcha green tea is rich in anti-oxidants. It improves your child’s overall health, including oral health and also keeps their heart healthy. It is also rich in a disease-fighting amino acid called L-Theanine. Matcha can help your child keep flu and oral cavities at bay too.
- Make your favorite Japanese dish using these best Japanese spices and herbs!
- Get your caffeine kick in the morning with these best Japanese drip coffee!
- Check out these coffee makers from Japan to get a fancy cafe feel at home!
Best Japanese Green Tea For Weight Loss
Kick start your weight loss journey with top Japanese green tea for weight loss! Check it out!
Product SKU: 4895GHT7709
Product Brand: Maeda Sencha
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 16.79
Price Valid Until: 2021
Product In-Stock: https://schema.org/InStock